Delightful secret hideaway...relax in the private, sunken jacuzzi surrounded by drifts of perfumed lavender...a doggie paradise...breathtaking location..something for everyone
Someone once told me an angel lived in this cottage and if you visit you’ll see why! Filled with light and beautifully situated it is a breathtaking place with a wonderful feel and presence. Located in the tranquil Wolds village of Greetham, only 2 miles from Horncastle, a detached listed cottage it is sumptuously furnished and a perfect property to relax in. With far reaching views stretching over Tennyson country to the sea and in a secluded hillside position this is a secret part of Lincolnshire waiting to be discovered.
Like many Grade II listed properties Jolls Cottage has its own quirks, for example the stairs are steep and narrow, the bathroom is on the ground floor and the hot tub might not be available on the first evening you arrive as it will still be warming up the water has had to be changed This is an ideal cottage for a family holiday but also makes a superb writers'/artists' retreat too.
Low Season weekly price:
High Season weekly price:
Video of Jolls can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/DprKCGzi5Bs
At a glance:
- Detached, listed 18C magical cottage
- sunken South Seas hot tub/jacuzzi
- Sleeps 6
- Dog friendly
- Perfect for family, friends & children
- Free WiFi throughout
- Large beautifully kept garden
- Amazing south facing views
- ‘Garden Rooms’ York stone terraces/decking
- 5 star luxury
- Summer house escape for Dad & the kids
- Sky Movies & Sports
- Blog of where to go & what to do
A bit more info:
- Detached, listed 18C magical cottage looks like a dolls house but hidden inside are a lot of surprises!
- Hot tub...toasty hot perfect whatever the weather...relax back and let your cares dissolve
- Sleeps 6 (two doubles and a twin)
- Dog friendly ideal rural setting dogs...adore it
- Family & child friendly...kids love it here too
- Free WiFi throughout
- Large beautifully kept garden (thanks Rob!) full of scented lavender and lawned area with more wild area at the top of the garden for letting off steam and having fun with furry friend’s
- Amazing south facing views down a secret valley...relax with a pot of tea on the wrought iron seat for two
- York stone terraces and decking ensure the ‘outside’ comes inside whatever the weather...comfy garden sofa (shaded) and loungers for soaking up the rays
- 5 star luxury decorated in Scandinavian style blended with antiques and precious items (thanks Horncastle’s antique shops!)
- Summer house...great retreat for Dad & his mates or for the kids to hang out in...heated and with a large corner sofa seating 6 and floor cushions lots of books and games too
- Sky Movies & Sports are complimentary
- Parking for 2 cars opposite the cottage
At a glance:
- Two double rooms upstairs and a twin on the ground floor
- ‘Fired Earth’ Ground floor shower room (ideal for hot tub)
- Open plan kitchen/diner
- Very well equipped kitchen ideal for cooks with dishwasher
- Multi fuel stove and open fire
- French wine cooler for white and temperature controlled second for red
A bit more info:
Living room: With open fire, 28" Sky TV (full package), DVD player, beams and wooden floor. ‘Loaf’ and leather sofas & love seat for 6
Kitchen/dining room: With wood burner, electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, wine cooler, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and wooden floor.
Bedroom 1: With twin beds.
Shower room: With walk-in shower, toilet and heated towel rail. Fully tiled with Fired Earth tiles & fittings. Floor length glass panel.
2 sets of steep stairs to...
1st set of stairs to...
Bedroom 2: With double bed.
2nd set of stairs to...
Bedroom 3: With double bed.
Large corner sofa...60” TV and floor cushions...lots of games and books
Also included: Electricity, bed linen, towels, Wi-Fi and fuel for open fire and wood burner included. Travel cot and highchair. Welcome pack and toiletries. Enclosed lawned garden with patio, decked sitting-out area, summerhouse with 60" Freeview TV, games for children and beer fridge, garden furniture and barbecue. Hot tub for 6 (private). 2 medium-sized dogs welcome. (Welcome pack for them too!) Bike store. Private parking. No smoking.
The Area: Greetham Horncastle, Lincolnshire
At Jolls Cottage you are only a 30-minute drive away from the east coast beaches try Anderby Creek with its lovely sandy beach or head west, where a 30-minute drive will take you to the cathedral city of Lincoln, which is famous for its castle and Magna Carta Visitors Centre. Horncastle and close by Woodhall Spa both have many good places where you can eat and drink, or while the days away in the many antique shops. Woodhall Spa in particular has a number of useful attractions including the open air, heated pool at Jubilee Park (amazing first thing in the morning when the steam is rising off the water!) and the Kinema in the Woods (the first cinema in the world apparently!) which has a local, cult following well worth a visit especially on a Saturday matinee we’ll leave you to find out why! Cyclists and walkers will love the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds, and there are good routes straight from the door including the Lindsey Trail. There are also miles of bridleways and quiet country lanes to enjoy. Beach 18 miles. Shop and pub 2 miles, restaurant 4 miles.
Jolls Cottage rental prices:
£340 - £1000
We are always open to offers and flexible on pricing please do contact is & ask/make us an offer
Reviews of JOLLS COTTAGE
Perfect Christmas Cottage!
Perfect Christmas Cottage! What a wonderful break! We arrived late (ish) on the Sat and it was raining and miserable but when we entered the cottage it was wonderful. the warm lights and the lit up Christmas tree and the fabulous back ground Christmas choir playing on the docking station just made us feel right at home. I unfortunately aggravated an injury and so on the third night decided i couldn't use the stairs and so we decided to sleep in the ground floor twin room, the garden and the hot tub were fabulous. Thank you Bridget
Mark, UK - Dec 18
Beautiful cottage in a stunning location!
This is a beautiful cottage in a stunning location. It has all the home comforts and the garden is wonderful. Due to the style of the cottage, the stairs are a bit of a challenge at first but you get used to them very quickly! It all adds to the character of the cottage. We would love to visit again and have already recommended Joll's to family and friends. Thank you for such an amazing stay!