A large luxurious holiday house,sleeps 16 + cots. The house is dog and child friendly with a large garden and hot tub. Just a few minutes walk from an award winning sandy beach.
7 Bedrooms | 5 Bathrooms | Sleeps 16 People
Open Fire / Woodburner
Close to Beach
Off street parking
Internet / WiFi
Overview of Cottage Accommodation Hilltop, Mundesley, Norfolk
We have created a stylish get relax feel to the house and have used a coastal theme to decorate with coordinating soft-furnishings and accessories.
We constantly have guests telling us how comfortable the beds are. Each bed is made prior to your arrival using Egyptian cotton bedding with hypoallergenic duck down duvets and pillows. We do have a few man-made duvets and pillows should you prefer. You will find plenty of white fluffy towels for use in the bathrooms and separate hot hub towels – just bring your own beach towels and cot bedding.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are found on the second and first floors:
2 en-suite rooms with king size beds and power showers – 1 of which has sea views
A family room with a king bed which can be made into two single beds along with a set of adult sized bunk beds which can be curtained off from the main bedroom, with a sea view
1 twin room
A family bathroom with a roll top bath with a power shower over the bath
A double room with a king size bed and a sea view
A double room with either a king size bed or two singles
A twin-bedded room – great for little ones as restricted height in places
A family shower room with a power shower
On the ground floor you will find a large comfortable sitting room with three large sofas and two armchairs. There is a 40” flat screen smart TV above the lovely open fire. You will find another cosy sitting room in the Morning Room with two sofas and two arm chairs plus a 40” smart flat screen TV. The sitting room and morning room are both off the Dining room with a lovely bespoke dining table and chairs sitting 16 guests.
The kitchen is very well equipped with a large 1m wide oven, gas hob, microwave, American fridge freezer, large larder fridge, 2 dishwashers, a washer dryer, a Nespresso machine, a breakfast bar with four stalls and a wide selection crockery and glassware for 16. Of course, you will find all the cooking utensils and pans needed to cook a gourmet meal or BBQ on the terrace using the 4 ring gas BBQ. We have even supplied a few cookery books in case you are stuck for inspiration and plastic champagne wine glasses for the Hot Tub.
You will also find the ‘Kids Den’ just off the kitchen – our 11- year son was responsible for equipping this room! Not only will you find another smart TV and bean bags for chilling but also a variety of toys and games for a range of ages. Stair gates and 2 high chairs are also provided along with plastic plates, cups and cutlery. One travel cot is available but please bring your own cot linen.
In transforming Hilltop into a luxurious holiday home, we have remained true to its Edwardian roots whilst ensuring all the 21st century ‘essentials’ are provided:
• Open fire in the sitting room with logs provided
• A Hot Tub in the large well-tended garden - so you can enjoy bubbles under the stars
• A large gas BBQ and quality garden furniture enabling all 16 people to eat ‘al fresco’ on
• A very well-equipped kitchen with 2 dishwashers, washer tumbler dryer, an American Fridge
Freezer, 2 slower cookers, Nespresso machine and large larder fridge
• A formal dining room which will seat all 16 guests
• Two cosy sitting rooms both with flat screen Smart TVs – just bring your Netflix password
• A high ratio of bathrooms to bedroom offering a combination of showers and baths – all
• Fibre Wi-Fi
• A Kid’s Den offering a range of toys for the little ones, a flat screen TV and table
football, Air Hockey and pool table
• In the large garden (a third of an acre) you will also find a wooden play house, and
array of outside games including a table tennis table and a football goal
• Gas fired central heating included in the price and double glazing to keep you warm and
• Parking for up to 8 cars – so you can park the car and forget about it during your break
as everything is within walking distance
• Dog friendly – up to 4 dogs for a small additional charge
• All beds made for you prior to arrival and all bedding and towels included, except for
• Homemade cake – Gluten free can be provided
All major supermarkets will deliver to the door.
The Area: Mundesley, Norfolk
Mundesley is perfect for those seeking a traditional seaside holiday, scenic walks and family friendly activities. It is a pretty Victorian seaside village where families can enjoy a traditional holiday away from the hustle & bustle. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural, Mundesley offers a lovely safe clean sandy beach, great coastal walks and is close to the Broads National Park.
It became popular when the Victorians brought visitors with the opening a railway in 1889 to sample the finest air in the country. The railway has long gone, but the fresh sea breezes off the North Sea still attract visitors.
The Blue Flag, wide sandy beach with colourful beach huts and shallow rock pools are an ideal playground for children of all ages and there is also great year-round sea fishing. It is a perfect child friendly beach with lovely soft sand and plenty of space to run around and fly a kite or build endless sandcastles. It’s also patrolled by the Lifeguards during the summer months, which is always an added bonus for parents and slightly puts your mind at ease. Dogs are allowed on the beach albeit some restrictions are in place at some times of the year either requiring dogs to be on leads, however, away from the restricted areas they are free to run off the lead.
The village has pretty brick and flint cottages, shops, pubs, places to eat and the Maritime Museum believed to be one of the smallest museums in England! Opposite the museum is a World War II memorial to the men who were killed while clearing landmines from the cliffs & beaches.
There is also a nine-hole golf course built in 1901, sits on the hillside of the River Mun valley and offers unrivalled views over the coast & countryside. The Club welcomes visitors.
The Norfolk Broads are close by as are many of the other north Norfolk beaches, a variety National Trust properties and Norwich is less than an hour away when you have had enough of the beach and great outdoors.
Mundesley is one of the natural stops along the new stretch of the Norfolk Coast path and is about 8 miles from Cromer, so can easily be done in one day, but you can also walk from here all the way to Sea Palling (the end of the Norfolk Coast Path) on the beach, depending on tide times.
So much to See and Do!
• Spend the day on Mundesley Beach or one of the other North Norfolk Beaches – Overstrand, Sidestrand, Cromer, Sheringham, West Runton, East Runton or venture further afield to Wells or Holkham
• Take a trip to the Norfolk Broads and maybe rent a boat or a canoe -www.enjoythebroads.com/boating
• Take the kids to Bewilderwood for a day of family fun - http://www.bewilderwood.co.uk
• Take a trip to Blakeney and book a trip to see the Seals - www.beansboattrips.co.uk or www.bishopsboats.com (Dog Friendly) followed by a walk over the Salt Marshes
• Get a crabbing line, some bacon and a bucket – wait for high tide and go crabbing off the Pier at Cromer or the Quay at Blakeney – remember to pop them back and buy a boiled Cromer Crab for tea!
• Pop along to see the animals at Amazonia Zoo in Cromer- www.amazonazoo.co.uk
• Play a round of golf or two at Mundesley, Royal Cromer or Sheringham Golf Courses - www.mundesleygolfclub.com, www.royalcromergolfclub.com or http://www.sheringhamgolfclub.co.uk
• Walk the Norfolk Coastal Path -www.norfolk.gov.uk/out-and-about-in-norfolk/norfolk-trails/short-and-circular-walks/norfolk-coast-path
• Go for a walk at one of the many National Trust properties such as Blickling Hall or Felbrigg Hall - www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lists/places-to-visit-in-norfolk
• Visit Holt a quaint Georgian town with a variety of independent shops, restaurants and food shops.
On a Wet Day….
• Visit Muckleburgh Tank Museum – our son’s favourite - www.muckleburgh.co.uk
• Have the day in Norwich either shopping or visiting the Norwich Castle or the Museum - www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/visit_us/norwich_castle
• If you have little ones they will enjoy Wroxham Barns, as will the bigger ones too - www.wroxhambarns.co.uk
• If you want to get wetter there is the wave pool at Sheringham - www.placesforpeopleleisure.org – or if waves and slides aren’t your thing 8 of you could have the pool to yourself at Bacton - http://www.bactonprivatepoolhire.co.uk
• Those that need the Gym desperately during their break can pay a £25 membership fee for a week long holiday membership of Rossis’ Sports Club in North Walsham -www.rossis.co.uk
• The RNLI have two Museums in Cromer, one at the end of the Pier and one underneath the Rocket Café (also good for lunch or a coffee) - www.cromerrnli.org.uk
• If theatre is your thing, both Sheringham and Cromer Pier have theatres that operate throughout the year - www.cromerpier.co.uk & www. sheringhamlittletheatre.com
l the incredible scenery and wildlife along the way.
Hilltop rental prices for 2019
£2575 - £4375
Special Offers / Late Availability.
31 May 2019
18 Jul 2019
19 Jul 2019
29 Aug 2019
30 Aug 2019
26 Sep 2019
27 Sep 2019
17 Oct 2019
18 Oct 2019
31 Oct 2019
1 Nov 2019
19 Dec 2019
20 Dec 2019
2 Jan 2020
Outside School Holidays we offer 2 weekend breaks and mid week breaks
4pm Friday to 6pm Sunday - £1850
4pm Friday to 10am Monday -£1950
Mid week Breaks available from Mon to Fri - cost is £1950
Between Jan - March £150 discount on above prices.
Between Oct - Dec £100 discount on above prices.
Christmas and New Year 2019 - £775 per night minimum stay 5 nights.
Up to 4 dogs welcome at £35 per dog per stay.
Unlimited Logs and coal supply available £9 per night stayed.
Private Chef available at an additional cost.